Is your theme lacking a bit when it comes to those 'author' boxes at the bottom of each post on your WordPress.org site? These plugins can make the author box look a little more designed.
- Joe Foley's article on WPMudev.org lists (9) great WordPress author bio box plugins for your site, with additional instructions to 'hide' your default author box
- WP Beginner Editorial Staff also lists their top (7) favorite - and free - WordPress author box plugins
- Sally Wood writes on Sitepoint about the (11) best WordPress author box plugins around
- WP Vortex author Abby writes about (10) cool author boxes for WordPress, too
- Tom Ewer gives an in-depth review of the Fanciest Author Box plugin by ThematoSoup via WPExplorer
Several great plugins overlap on most lists, and reviews say these few are the best:
For some sites, drawing attention to the author or authors on your site may be a key piece of your overall strategy. Perhaps you’re trying to establish a more personal tone. Perhaps you’re trying to build a reputation. Perhaps you’re trying to attract quality contributors. These are but a few potential reasons why you might want to make sure your readers connect the content with the person writing it.
Learn more about author boxes, and why attributing posts to the author is a best practice. You can also learn about author pages, and how to add these to your own WordPress website or Squarespace site for additional information on your contributors and team members.