Oops – you just wrote 100 posts on your WordPress website, and didn’t realize that you used the wrong ‘author’ name. But don’t worry – it’s a fast fix!
Unlike changing the author on Squarespace blog posts, which requires you to edit author information one post at a time, changing the post author on your WordPress site is a sort of bulk or batch action - that is, you can change author information for multiple posts all at the same time!
- Log into your WordPress admin area, or dashboard.
- View your ‘Posts.’
- Select the posts for which you’d like to change the author by clicking the box and adding a checkmark beside each post.
- At the top of the ‘Post’ screen, you will see several dropdown menus, including one that says ‘Bulk Actions.’
- Click the dropdown menu, select ‘Edit’ and hit the ‘Apply’ button beside the menu.
Now you will be in a bulk post edit mode, where you can edit several items all at once – including ‘post author.’
- Across the screen you will see another dropdown menu, beside which says ‘Author.’
- From the ‘Author’ dropdown menu, select a different author from the list of your website’s registered Users.
- Once completed, click ‘Update’ so your changes will be save.